Monday, November 20, 2006

 

Non-violence: is Gaza getting it?

I wouldn't start comparing them to Quit India just yet, but seeing Gazans respond to a threat of air-strikes not with more suicide bombings, but with that staple of non-violent protest - the human shield - fills me with a certain hope.

I'm certain that neo-con bloggers will already be rushing to condemn Hamas and those that protect them from "justice". But that would be to miss the point.

Nevertheless, perhaps a Gandhi quote would be appropriate at this time:
"For this cause I too am prepared to die, but for no cause, my friend, will I be prepared to kill."
While I'm quoting the Mahatma, here's one that Liberal Democrat activists should easily identify with:
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Comments:


Post a Comment

<< Home

Printed (hosted) by Blogger. Published and promoted by S Ayris on behalf of J Taylor (Liberal Democrat), all at 7 Park Grange Croft, Sheffield S2 3QJ. The views expressed are those of the party, not the service provider.

Blogging Liberal Britain
Since 2006